Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

POTOMAC - SnoPocalypse - Sno-mageddon - Oh My!



BLIZZARD 2010

Well, I had all the best intentions of working all weekend. I am sure many of us in Potomac had our plans thwarted by the incredible snowstorm.

Although I constantly shoveled through the storm - last count 5 complete sweeps of the driveway and walk - it was almost impossible to keep up with Mother Nature.

Many of us woke up this morning to a cold house. A majority of Potomac lost power starting at 1 a.m. last night. I was frustrated thinking of how long I waited in line for food to get us through this storm only to realize I couldn't cook anything without power. Thankfully - Pepco restored power to our neighborhood about 1 p.m. this afternoon. The house was down to about 52 degrees. I am happy to report that the furnace is running full speed and we are back to a toasty 65 degrees.

How long will it take for us to recover from this storm? Typically - my street is not plowed until a few days after a big storm like this. I am pretty sure that whether I like it or not, I am stuck at home through Tuesday. My guess is that Montgomery County will close schools Monday and possibly Tuesday to allow them to clear the school lots and sidewalks. Looks like those kids that wore their pajamas inside-out will have their wish. No school - exhausted fun in the snow - and very tired and frustrated parents by mid-week.

Needless to say - I am not going to be able to get out to do many reviews over the next few days. I believe I have a few in the hopper that may get me into the middle of the week. Please be patient - and check back often.

Most importantly - be safe in this weather. The snow is heavy - take your time shoveling the driveway and walks - do it in sections and don't risk your health. If possible hire a neighborhood kid to help you out.

Take a few moments to put the panic and anxiety aside. Look at the beauty in the snow - and enjoy the time with your spouse, friends, family kids and Mother Nature. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment