Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

9520 Falls Bridge Lane - Heritage Farm - $1,147,000

Listed By WC and AN Miller

Google Map Here

I will disclose in advance that this is one of my favorite communities in Potomac. Located within walking distance from the village, it is a hop skip and jump to anywhere you want to go.

This is one of the largest colonials in this community. A formal foyer is bright with hardwood floors and nice mouldings. A large living room is on your right side and a panelled office and powder room on your left. You flow from the foyer into the family room which is large with lots of sunlight. The full wall of windows in the back of this room allows the natural light to stream in. The stone fireplace and built in cabinets make this a great room to relax and watch TV.

The kitchen is recently renovated, and is well done. The back wall has a slider and additional windows were installed behind the sink and counter tops. The natural light from the windows and quality white cabinets make the room look fabulous. This is a great kitchen to cook and to entertain. The slider leads you out to a large TREX sundeck that overlooks the manicured half acre lot. The dining room is large enough to seat 10 easily. It is hard to find a home that will allow you to entertain formally and informally with equal ease. The main level finishes with a large laundry/mudroom between the family room and garage. This is a great space for the kids to store coats and boots during the winter months and not drag mud through the house.

A curved stairwell brings you upstairs. A large master bedroom and connected bath and dressing area are well designed. These have been updated at some point with cultured marble sinks. There is an attached sitting room that could be an additional bedroom if needed. A large walk in closet as well as 2 additional closets make storage a breeze. The other bedrooms are all teen size and in great condition. The decor and finish of this home is exceptional.

The basement is a nice surprise. A full walkout, it has a bedroom and kitchen just right for an au pair apartment. A bath and plenty of space for TV or recreation finish out the basement.

This is a home with an exceptional floor plan. They do not come up often for sale in this community, and this one is ready to move in. I think it is priced perfectly, and it should sell within 30 days at close to full price. Don't miss this one. It is a great home in a wonderful community!

Are you interested in Chevy Chase homes?

Are you interested in McLean, Va homes?

2 comments:

  1. Can I encourage you to go back to your old style? I like your earlier reviews better; in my view they were more balanced (pros and cons). After your recent back-and-forth with your colleague you seem to have replaced your shades with the pink lenses of a listing agent.

    That's a pity, people like us who read your blog to become informed on how to evaluate a property learned much your previous postings.

    Please don't take this the wrong way. I still like your blog. It's just that before I had an 'I had not thought about that' effect that I've been missing lately. I may also not speak for everyone. And I recognize that being less critical may be the price to get less heat from your colleagues.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment. You have caught me red handed. I have been getting lots of feedback from the listing agents of many of the reviews I have done. Some agents have been grateful, thanking me for the additional exposure this site brings them. The agents that have "in my opinion" overpriced their listings have been very critical. One threatened a lawsuit and asked me to take down the review.

    I will continue to bring unbiased reviews to the site. You may find my language may not be as blunt, but you will still get the straight scoop on value and my honest opinion of work that needs to be done.

    Please continue to comment, both to keep me honest, and remind me of what is so attractive about this site. PSA

    ReplyDelete