Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Down Market? Says Who?

WOW! I apologize to those of you that regularly review my blog posts to see what is going on in the Potomac market. Truth is, it has been SO busy, I have been focusing on writing contracts, submitting offers and reviewing incoming offers.

Over the past two weeks I have sold two of my listings and ratified two purchase contracts. Those that say the market is horrible need to take another look. Homes are now available at prices not seen in a very long time.

I listed a condo in Chevy Chase which was under contract in less then 3 week. It will end up selling within 1% of the suggested list price. This goes to show that homes that are priced correctly will generate interest and sell quickly.

Another of my Chevy Chase listings went on the market last week, and we received 4 offers on the property within 3 days. The multiple contracts were key to getting the seller the best possible price, and once again, proves the importance of pricing a home correctly.

The inventory in our marketplace has never been better. I ratified a contract for a home on Old Georgetown road in Downtown Bethesda which was LISTED for $450,000. $450K for a single family home within walking distance to Metro? Whoa! For buyers this market is a boon!

I also ratified a contract for an out of town purchaser on a single family home in Kensington. As an active military purchaser, he was able to purchase this home with zero down and the seller paying all of his costs. On top of that, he is eligible for the $8000 tax credit from the Federal Government on his 2009 Tax Return.

This is an unprecedented time with fabulous opportunity. Don's sit on the sideline. Let me help you to sell your current home quickly for the highest possible price and take the proceeds to make a down payment on your new dream home. Call or e-mail me today. I have at least 3 homes identified in this market that are steals.

I will try to get back on track with reviews this week. Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment