Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Potomac Secret Agent is in CHINA

Did you know that Potomac Elementary has one of the best IMMERSION LANGUAGE programs for Mandarin Chinese in the nation?

It's true!  

Children that enroll in Potomac Elementary have the option of taking Mandarin Chinese from the day they enter Kindergarten.  It is fascinating to see the language skills of these children improve as they are promoted each year.

When the children enter 5th grade, the parents of the Immersion kids organize a trip to China.  This trip is generally for two weeks and is taken at the same time as the schools Spring Break.  
This year my youngest daughter is finishing her sixth year of study. We are traveling as a family of four and are all VERY excited to see how the country has changed since we were last there in 2006. We will travel for 2 weeks, returning on Easter Sunday, April 12th.

We travel directly to Beijing on a 14 hour flight from Dulles. Other cities we will travel to include Xian, Guilin, Yangshuo, Hangzhou and finally Shanghai.

I am bringing some notes from homes I have toured this past week. If I can find time in the business center of the hotel, I will try to post a few from the road.

I look forward to daily reviews once again when I return. Please continue to comment on my reviews, and I look forward to getting back to work in a strong Spring market in 2 weeks. Until then, Happy House hunting!

No comments: