Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

New York Times Agrees! - May 3rd - Real Estate Section


I was sent an e-mail this morning from a long time reader with a link to an on-line article in The New York Times.

The article is called "Snark Attack".

It speaks about the increase of inventory in the New York market, and the rise of sites that critique the existing inventory of homes and apartments for sale.

The article tells of the importance of homes being priced right and put on the market in the best possible condition.

This has always been an ongoing theme in Potomac Secret Agent reviews and would seem to be consistent in all tough real estate markets.

You can read the full article at this link.

Please take the time to read it and let me know how you feel about it. Does the Potomac Secret Agent mirror these sites? Do we avoid the "Snarkiness"?

Please comment and let me know.

1 comment:

  1. well, I have a lot to say:

    > I wish the NYT would let me comment directly on the story.

    > My favorite definition of snarky is: Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.

    > I though the NYT article was quite fair. Here in the DC suburbs, we have a different life. If you're looking to buy a place, you expect to drive around open houses on the weekend, waltzing in/out during expected hours.

    In NYC, you need to get in the buildings, and only by appt. Ain't easy getting around, and no one wants to find a place in poor or deplorable condition. It seems like some cases are outright fraud.

    I liked one incident in there about a studio being listed as a 1BR. Caveat emptor. Check the online photos, check the comments. Use them as a guide and not a mandate.

    > What I've always liked about Potomac Secret Agent is his attitude: In a lean economy with so much competition, price to sell.

    Don't waste my time, don't wast the seller's time.

    Make the home sale-able, price it correctly, and you're in business. Remember sellers: you're in the BUSINESS of selling homes, not collecting coin.

    Tom Sakell :: harborsights.com

    ReplyDelete