Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Potomac Secret Agent hits 200 Reviews

WHERE have you been? Have you stopped reviewing? Are you out of the business?

Goodness, you never know how much people care about what you write until you don't!

In the midst of taking care of my wife and kids, my existing clients, my personal business and all of the unplanned events of a week - I write.

Sometimes for reasons beyond my control I get so busy, the blog becomes secondary. With that said - I am back in the saddle and am celebrating my 200th review since starting this website almost a year ago.

The truth is, what is causing my absence is a incredibly strong market. I have put in three offers since my last post and have negotiated 2 offers for my listings. Between home inspections, contingency removals, open houses and showings...there was not time to write. This is very good for Potomac homeowners, as it foreshadows an improving market. It is a warning to those that have been sitting on the sidelines, as homes will be moving more quickly and at higher sales prices.

The inventory in Potomac for homes under $1mm (Yes, that is Million) is less then 2 months. This means that any home priced within reason will go under contract quickly. I wish I could say the same was true for homes over $1mm. There is almost a 2 year supply. Any home that needs to sell is going to have to be priced aggressively and marketed strongly.

You will find over the next few months that my reviews will be weighted towards the under $1mm selections. This is obviously where the action is, and I want my readers to be up to speed when making an offer or preparing to search. As always, if there is a question about the viability or value of ANY property in Potomac - e-mail me and I will take a look and report. This is meant to be a DYNAMIC site where input from readers is highly encouraged and is generally helpful to all.

Most important is that you know I can represent you in all of the tri-state area, not just Potomac. I chose Potomac because I live here and am raising a family here. It is important that I am intimately aware of what is on the market, and if the price is fair. More then half of my sales are outside of the Potomac Zip Code. Don't hesitate to request me to find you a home anywhere in Maryland, DC or Virginia.

OK, I have explained where I have been and where we are going. Isn't it time for you to get off the couch and start shopping?

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you back, I was wondering where you had gone to and fully support your idea of focusing on homes under 1mm

    Thanks
    PC

    ReplyDelete